Saturday, September 13, 2008

Art Crawl

In case you didn't know, I take photographs. I just started in June of this year (with a good camera), so I'm very much a novice. I filled out an application to show at the Statesville Art Crawl and got accepted. Now came the hard work. I had to pick which shots to use, get them printed, get them matted/framed, figure out how to display them, come up with price tags, get business cards made.....
Just before I got my notice that I'd been accepted in the Art Crawl, we found out that our 3 year old daughter has Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). If you want details and updates about that, please visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/lindsaytempleton
So when I saw the email saying I'd been accepted, I almost immediately replied that I'd have to bow out, because there was no way I could get all this stuff done with the emotional state that we all were in. But I didn't reply. I told my wife about it and she said that I had to do it. A very good friend and her daughter stepped up and said they'd take care of the printing and matting/framing. My father-in-law took care of the business cards. All I had to do was pick which shots and get them to my friends.
The Art Crawl was last night and it was pretty cool. I actually sold some pictures (I came up with prices as we were hanging the shots) and had a great time!

7 comments:

Lea said...

you sold some prints? wooooooohooooooo! that's fucking awesome matt!

Will said...

That's awesome Matt. Always a great feeling to sell your work.

ChaChaTea said...

teamwork in action. Congrats!

AMR said...

Congrats on selling some shots, bud. So well deserved. I'm still confused by the "magic" you employ to get some of the effects that you do.

Unknown said...

fuck yeah!

any chance there's a link to the shots you picked?

the downhill skateboard championships return in october i believe...

Joel said...

Nice work!

M said...

:)